Sunday, February 17, 2008

remembered with a smile

How would you like to be remembered?

I'd like to be remembered with a smile, and with love - if we can achieve that, then we have done something right in this life.

it was really nice to meet ex-staff and colleagues after a period of time, and still get the same respect, excitement, and warmth from them. Lots of hugs, smiles, and genuine pleasure to meet again. it is not often that staff and ex colleagues remember you with such warmth - it is a blessing far more valuable than all the money in the world.

I mean, we DO need a lot of money, but it's not everything. It can't buy you friends, and respect, and love.
But someone told me once "who needs friends, respect and love ? Money tops it all - no money, no friends, no respect, no love"

I say, one certainly has more 'friends', more 'respect' and more 'love' when one is rich. But true friendship and love is is not so easy to find.

So when you have it, reciprocate and treasure it.

Back in the days when I was a wee youngster, i would walk up to a stranger and say "you have a nice dress on", or "you are very good looking" - and I know I have made someone's day, at least brought a smile to someone's face.

I don't see why we can't still do it - everyone loves to hear something nice. We are too intense in this hectic world today, so let's put a smile on another person's face and perhaps make the world a better place - as they say a long time ago "make love, not war"

That's my politics for the day :)

No comments: