Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tis the time of the year

Tis christmas, a time of giving, of sharing, of remembering, of thankfulness to God for giving us Jesus Christ.

Tis a month where no one really works, which is why all the shopping complexes are perpetually crowded, day and night. I for one, admittedly, have no inkling towards serious work this month. And so when I trawl the shopping centres, I see all the familiar faces - people whom I meet in the course of business - except they are walking around with their families, friends and having a grand time. I guess it's the time of the year where everyone starts to wind down, take stock, and plan for the new year. Or do they? I don't - C'est la vie, my motto.

So what have we achieved this past year?

What is in store for us next year? we know our elections are coming; we know there will probably be more natural disasters, more diseases that are discovered, more cures for incurable diseases, and of course, someone will come out with a radical theory that we shouldn't eat eggs because they are this or that.......

Time flies - at the blink of an eye, my children are grown up, and may I say proudly, grown up the correct way. having conversations with them about their childhood brings up revelations that are interesting - just goes to show that children see the world around them in a different way to adults. amazing! All parents should communicate and talk to their kids when they are grown up, and explore the impressions that have registered.

No comments: