Sunday, August 4, 2013

nostalgia and memories

i was browsing at the bookstore, looking for a book to present to my niece for her birthday, when i came upon a new book authored by Cecil Rajendra.  Cecil is a lawyer whom i met many years ago through my father-in-law - they were very good friends, and were always together.  so i picked up the book, as it was also on a subject i knew - The Rose Chan Story.  apart from the synopsis, i also always read the page where the author dedicates or pay homage to someone or their family, so i  casually turned to that.  what i read there brought back a flood of memories :

"...... dedicated to the memory of Lee Khai Hong aka Lee Ying, my sifu/guru for esoteric......."

my father-in-law, notice i didnt put "ex father in law".... he will always be my father in law... is lee khai hong...imagine my excitement to read about someone i know so well, being mentioned in a book, and as i flipped through the pages, all over the book!  i immediately called my mother-in-law to tell her that; and messaged my kids and their dad...

funny how memories drive people to do different things.  this interview and story event happened in the late 1980's but only saw light of day this year in 2013... long after my father in law and Rose Chan had died.

i hope you get to read the book.... it's a worthwhile of a Malaysian icon, Rose Chan!

2 comments:

shoobaba said...

Do you think Cecil will meet with me when we go to Penang in December??

And by the way, Ye Ye is on Wikipedia! Even we aren't... hmm... next goal on the bucket list ;)

Mumsy said...

He rents Mama's shop so yes go see him..